I love every time my kids engage themselves in some sort of creative play. When I first introduced the Story Cubes (or Story Dice) to my 5 year old boy, it was a blast. I had only created 3 cubes by then, but he had so much fun making up stories that the play went on for 2 hours. Since then, this is by far one of his favourite games!
How it works:
– Click HERE or on the image above to download the PDF files. The first 3 cubes are free, so you can check them out first and see how fun they are. If your kids like playing with them, you can then purchase the other cubes with different illustrations (click HERE or on the image below).
– Print the cubes using a card stock paper.
– Have fun colouring in the illustrations.
– Cut them out along the outside edges (be careful to not cut off the tabs), fold along the lines and glue them together forming a cube.
– Done! Now throw the cubes and let chance play a role in your storytelling! Make sure to include all the illustrations that come up in the dice in your story.
There are 7 themes so far and I intend to add more with time (feel free to suggest me some ideias).
– Characters (free)
– Weather (free)
– Landscape (free)